The United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP).
What do we look for?
- Strong academic record
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
- Mock WAEC or Most Recent WAEC with at least 6 A1s including Mathematics and English.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or your school principal to complete a letter of recommendation form, attesting to your character, talent and skills. Please do not include a basic testimonial that does not talk about you as an individual.
- Copy of your transcript from JS3 to SS3 including your mock and first term results, if possible.
- Write three essays each of about 250 – 300 words.
NOTE– If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC. Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
- GPA of 4.5 or above on a 5.0 scale. First Class only (STEM majors preferred).
- Letter of Recommendation from a lecturer, professor, or Head of Department (HOD) that knows you well.
- Copy of your transcripts and degree certificates.
- Write two essays each of about 250 – 300 words.
- Detailed resume