EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 430 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries and territories.
The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States. EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals.
EducationUSA is committed to promoting the diversity of U.S. higher education to help international students find their “best fit.”
What do we look for?
- Strong academic record
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
Opportunity Funds Program’s mission is to assist highly-talented and determined, economically-disadvantaged students to negotiate and finance the admissions process for colleges and universities in the United States with the aim of producing highly-skilled and widely-educated leaders to build tomorrow’s Nigeria. Opportunity Funds Program works closely with students through regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships for colleges and universities in the United States. OFP finances all costs of the application process, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the US Educational Advising Center for its participants. OFP expects a sincere commitment of students to give back their energy and time to the program and to their communities and to be the best they can be. We do not limit the program geographically; however, students must be able to reach our offices in Abuja or Lagos for full participation.
- SS1 & 2 end-of year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supporting documentation(word or PDF files only)
NOTE– If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC. Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
- Copy of your university transcript-if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae(PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students) PDF files only